Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the reason for this blog.

Recently I've been trying to be more informed. This has lead to more reading, more news watching and basically just keeping my ear low to the ground to actually know what's going on in the world. As a result, I have more on my mind and more to say. I don't really feel like clogging my other blog with a feeling of cynicism and complaint, so I started this blog. I don't particularly care if anyone reads this one, but I just like being able to let my ideas go somewhere other than my mind.

One thing recently on my mind has been the issue of race.

The most recent race-related headline is involving Don Imus, a long time CBS radio jockey. Commenting on the Rutger's women's basketball team, who recently lost the NCAA women's basketball championship, (I personally couldn't care less about women's basketball. It's a boring sport. I couldn't care less about men's swimming either. It's nothing gender related, it's more of an issue of me not liking boring sports) said they're a bunch of "nappy-headed hos".

Now I am one that personally thinks that black people pull the race card too often, but this was ridiculous. Nappy headed hos? Are you kidding me? I can't imagine what was going through his head when he was saying that. Possibly he was trying to regain the loyalty of the KKK. Possibly the Heman woman hater's club, but Buckwheat would have been offended for sure.

All anyone really asks for is some tact. I hate it when people get all crazy on being politically correct, calling janitors sanitation engineers and similarly inane titles, but let's not be idiots. Politcal correctness, or maybe more practically, common sense is something everyone should try to embrace.

1 comment:

Teena said...

ya.. choose your adjectives better dumb man.

"they are un-kept haired due to thick folicle gened ladies who tend to sleep around with men in uncommited relationships, which is a huge assumption because it's unlikely that an entire team would be that stereotypical" that would have saved him a lot of beef, but still been offensive.

ya. hes an idiot.